Distance Education Course starting Spring 2023
Teagasc Distance Education Green Cert Programme
(for Award Holders)
Next course starts Spring 2023
Attend college one Saturday a month for 16 months (sample timetable below)
Online content one evening per week
Available to holders of a Level 6 or Higher Major Award Holders ONLY
Course fee €3,100
ONLINE APPLICATIONS OPEN JANUARY 2023
If you are 23 years or older and don't have a level 6 or higher major award email [email protected] to enquire about our "Part-Time Green Cert" option.
SAMPLE TIMETABLE BELOW:
- Students will be given the option to choose either Group 8 or Group 9 timetable before the course commences. Places will be filled on a first come first served basis
- If you miss an exam or an assignment submission date you must wait until the repeat dates
- We cannot facilitate group swaps
Online content delivery one evening per week and will continue for the entire duration of the course.
These sessions will consist of one of the following:
- Tutorials (up to 1 hour duration maximum, these will be pre-recorded and available to you for viewing in your own time)
- Guest Speaker from the Agricultural Industry (this is a live event)
Email your queries to: [email protected] or call us on 061393100
Applicants should note there will be a delay following the completion and awarding of certificates.
The "Green Cert" trained farmer status qualification comprises two awards: Level 5 Certificate in Agriculture and, Level 6 Specific Purpose Certificate in Farming. Your application includes both awards.
For each of these awards a number of quality assurance processes and procedures must be completed by us and Teagasc. Courses must be internally and externally verified, results approval and sign off, details exported to QQI for certification. This process takes a MINIMUM OF SIX MONTHS.